She’s been a stalwart on Australian TV for over 30 years so when it comes to her personal life, Georgie Parker holds her cards tight to her side. The 55-year-old actress has been married for 21 years to screenwriter Steve Worland, but she barely speaks about him on Instagram and has yet to post any pictures with him. In December 1999, Georgie and Steve married, and they have a 20-year-old daughter named Holly.


They never do red carpet appearances together, but made an exception for Paper Planes’ 2015 Sydney premiere, with Steve being the screenwriter for the film. In addition to Paper Planes, Steve has written scripts in Australia and the USA for a number of films and TV shows and is also an accomplished novelist. Speaking to Good Health & Wellness in July 2019, Georgie admitted that she wanted to be a ‘very long’ mum, but she just hadn’t found the right guy.


‘Simply waiting to find the right guy! I kept seeing guys who I really didn’t want to be a parent with, and eventually, when I was 33, I met my husband. That was the way that was turning out,’ she explained. And the Home and Away actor said that keeping different desires was the key to their long-lasting union. ‘We just owe each other a massive amount of space. At the hand, we were never together, it’s just not the way we work,’ she said.


‘I think doing a lot of things individually is really good, we have our own priorities and I think this really helps. We do it of our own but also as a family and as a couple.’ In a July 2017 interview with Stellar Magazine for The Daily Telegraph, Georgie said she made ‘a deliberate decision’ to keep her family out of the spotlight. ‘I’m not concerned in any way about my dad … I don’t believe this is their passion-it ‘s mine! ‘Explained it.